Outside In – Protect the Natural Skin Barrier
All of Bellary Nature’s Skin Remedy products are ideal skin care for eczema management and intended to help protect the skin from outside in. In other words, as eczema skin is very sensitive and reacts badly to harsh chemicals found in commercial skin care products, the natural salve is intended to reduce the load and/or possible triggers to your body by giving you a product that is very natural to begin with (with no harsh chemicals); better yet, with all the good and healing properties of the purported therapeutic plant and essential oils.
The dry/flaky/irritated skin conditions common in Eczema can be aided by applying skin care that minimizes the loss of the skin’s natural oils and lipids. Some people report good results with quick warm shower. A bath with use of Epsom Salt/ Himalayan Salt/Sea Salt may also be beneficial. Apply the natural cream to moisturize the skin directly after the shower can help seal in moisture and prevent water loss from the skin.
Bellary Nature’s Skin Clear Salve is an all-time favorite and best selling natural skin care and remedy for Eczema:
Skin Clear Salve (100mL)
A natural, soothing salve enriched with pure, therapeutic grade essential and plant oils to help care for your skin with Eczema as well as for natural relief from dry, irritated skin, redness, itching, rashes, hives and most common skin conditions.
- Virgin Coconut Oil: Non-toxic natural moisturizer, cited good for several skin disorders such as Psoriasis, Dermatitis and Eczema by treating the infection and battling the microbial bodies while healing the damaged or the visible marks of skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil: Believed to be anti-inflammatory and is a great emollient that nourishes dry skin. It is beneficial in relieving itching caused by Eczema.
- Beeswax: Natural protectant that soothes itching, locks in skin moisture, fosters skin cells and found to encourage healing of wounds.
- Lavender Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary Oil, Clove Oil & Nerolina Oil: Highly acclaimed for their both their regenerative qualities for damaged tissues; these oils also have anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties.
Other Approaches to Manage Eczema Outside-In
Here are some steps we can take to help manage you manage your kiddos’ Eczema:
- Stop the scratch because constant scratching will cause bleeding, thus exposing it to infection. Rashes and injured sites may worsen quickly. Cut the nails short, keep them clean and use mitts (for infants) to prevent them from scratching.
- Avoid bubble baths and soap in bath. Soaps are generally high in pH and said to potentially disrupt the acid mantle on our skin, causing further irritations and dryness.
- Avoid using artificially perfumed products on the sensitive skin.
- Also avoid washing with harsh detergent and fabric conditioners.
- Apply natural emollients – Skin Clear, Skin Restore or Skin Relief Serum – after bath to ensure lasting rehydration.
- Wear cooling garment such as cotton and keep your room cool as overheating or warm, moist environment tends to aggravate eczema.
- It might be necessary to keep home pets out of the bedroom if animal danders is identified as a trigger.
- Regular vacuuming (best with HEPA filter) can help keep the air clean with reduced dust levels.
- Toys are regular babies and kiddos’ companions. Do take care to wash them clean daily.
Inside Out – All Around You & Diet Connection
We feel that it is important to highlight that Eczema, being a chronic condition, has no said cure, but it can be managed naturally with both an Inside-Out Approach and Outside-In Approach.
Topical remedies – alone – will not address the underlying root problems contributing to eczema. Like other skin issues, eczema are complex condition of a variety of causes. Some common things that are helpful include identifying food triggers and also supplementation.
Dairy, wheat, eggs, sugar, food coloring and tomatoes are all common triggers for eczema but there can be other food triggers specific to a child. It works both ways. As you address the food intolerance that trigger the eczema, topical remedy speeds up the healing or limits discomforts during the healing time.