Essential Oils Synergy Roll On
Portable, Convenient to Use & Pre-Diluted
[Previously known as Comfort Tense Roll On]
How do you like to unwind at the end of your day? A good book? A nice bath? In life, some of us do not quite have that time for luxuries – why is why we are stressed! Unwind Roll On is a wonderful de-stresser that helps you manage more easily through time of stress and challenges when life gets too intense and crazy, and when peace is much needed during those time you feel plagued by overwhelming demands or annoying distractions. It blends the gentle fragrance of Vanilla and scents of refreshing Grapefruit, stimulating Lime, uplifting Bergamot and mood-lifting Spearmint to both soothe in tranquil relaxation and stimulate mental clarity. This synergy helps us cope with minor everyday stresses and tensions.
Why should we be concerned about allowing stress to take over our lives? The link between emotional stress and physical well-being has been a part of holistic medicines for a long time. As stress is a prominent cause of inflammatory diseases, we need to focus on mental health as a solution to prevention of physical ailments.
Stress Management with Aromatherapy
Scent is very powerful. A simple aroma can trigger a past memory, place, or person in an instant. And because scents have power to evoke emotions and memories, they can impact our bodies through our nervous system.This is why Aromatherapy can tap into the healing power of scents from essential oils extracted from plants to re-balance our body, mind and spirit.
When the scent of essential oil is inhaled, it is processed through our sense of smell, in particular the limbic system and amygdala, which are in charge of emotions, mood and memory. These stimulants regulate stress (fight-or-flight) responses such as heart rate, blood pressure, breathing patterns or production of hormones; or calming responses that can soothe and relax our bodies. This explains why scents can swiftly trigger physical reaction in our bodies and have lasting effects after it has dissipated. It may not be coincidental that stress and adrenal fatigue often affect emotions, moods and memory; essential oils extracted from herbs that work to alleviate stress seems to promote well-being and assists us in stress management.
- Bergamot: This citrus oil is calming and can induce relaxation; hence often used to treat depression by providing energy . Five out of six clinical studies, conducted between 2009 to 2013, had found that bergamot essential oil aromatherapy reduced heart rate, blood pressure, and stress . It was also proven to reduce corticosterone response to stress in rates in another study .
- Elemi: A powerhouse oil that imparts a strengthening, balancing and harmonizing action, it is said to help align the chakras and increase the body resilience during stress. It also tones the body as a natural tonic.
- Lime: This oil inspires and brings fresh energy by relieving worries, irritations and stress that creates unhappiness. It also clears the mind and grounds the body by pulling the energies inward and centering oneself.
- Spearmint: Restorative and a relaxant for our mind, it helps relieve problems associated with or occurred due to stress such as headaches or other such neural problems that occur for the same reason. As a mood booster, the aroma induces positive thoughts and feelings to help fight anxiety and fear.
- Vanilla: The pure scent of vanilla often evokes a pleasant memory of home baking that makes you feel right at home. Aromatherapists believe that it is because Vanilla is the closest in fragrance and flavour to mothers’ milk. According to a study performed at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, patients undergoing MRIs reported less anxiety when breathing in vanilla-scented air than those who didn’t.
- Ylang Ylang: Due to its calming and uplifting effects, this oil helps with cheerfulness, courage and optimism. It may calm heart agitation, nervous palpitations and help with insomnia. In a 2006 study conducted by Geochang Provincial College in Korea, Ylang ylang oil was used alongside Bergamot and Lavender oils, once a day for four weeks, reduced ‘psychological stress responses and serum cortisol levels, as well as the blood pressure of clients with essential hypertension.’ .
Direction: Apply generously to the temples, wrists, back of neck, over the heart, or other desired areas of the body. Inhale deeply with each application. And relax! Reapply as needed. Alternatively, apply to a napkin or tissue and place it next to your pillow.
Stress management is multi-faceted. Our sources of stress may vary – what sends one over the edge might not be that of a big deal for you. Identifying triggers and structuring our lives to be stress free and abundant should be an ongoing goal.
- Possible skin sensitivity.
- For external use only.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, consult with a health professional before use.
- . Hongratanaworakit T. Aroma-therapeutic effects of massage blended essential oils on humans. Nat Prod Commun. 2011 Aug;6(8):1199-204.
- . Michele Navarra et al. Citrus bergamia essential oil: from basic research to clinical application. Front Pharmacol. 2015; 6: 36. Mar 2. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2015.00036
- . Saiyudthong S. Acute effects of bergamot oil on anxiety-related behaviour and corticosterone level in rats. Phytother Res. 2011 Jun;25(6):858-62. doi: 10.1002/ptr.3325. Epub 2010 Nov 23.
- . Hwang JH. The effects of the inhalation method using essential oils on blood pressure and stress responses of clients with essential hypertension. Taehan Kanho Hakhoe Chi. 2006 Dec;36(7):1123-34.