Botanical Name: Mentha Piperita
Country of Origin: India, USA
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Strength of Aroma: Strong
Aromatic Scent: Fresh, cool, grassy-minty scent
Cautions: Do not apply on or near the face of infants and children. Avoid using on individuals with epilepsy, G6PD or heart disease.
Analgesic, anaesthetic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, cooling, tonic, immuno-stimulant, decongestant, expectorant, febrifuge (reduce fever), sudorific (induce sweating), digestive stimulant, carminative (relieve flatulence), anti-depressant, liver supporter, nervine, anti-infectious, etc.
• Good for strengthening digestion and soothes nausea, vomiting, morning sickness, mouth or gum infections, fainting and motion sickness.
• Its cooling, anti-inflammatory nature makes it useful for opening congested sinuses, relieving PMS symptoms and is the most effective liver tonic of all oils.
• Strongly analgesic and anti-inflammatory, it can stimulate circulation and relieves headaches, migraines, muscle pain, neuralgia, inflamed joints and arthritis.
• Its cooling, antipruritic actions allow it to be used in skin problems from burns, itch to acute skin eruptions.
• Peppermint is a cooling stimulant when applied externally and warming stimulant when taken internally.
• Its refreshing aroma helps clear the head, stimulates the mind and increases the ability to focus and concentrate.
• Inhaling peppermint oil can increase mental accuracy of students by up to 28% and on a deeper level, it assists the digestion of new ideas and impressions.
• Works well for those feeling frustrated, agitated and when you are faced with a situation requiring inspiration and insight.
Essential Oil & Use of Roll-On
Pure essential oil possesses wonderful aroma which can be enjoyed simply for its scent. More than just a natural fragrance, it also embodies many amazingly powerful therapeutic benefits and values effacious for its intended experience; from promoting relaxation to enhancing well-being. Essential oil is potent and highly concentrated, volatile plant extracts. Just 1 drop of this essential oil can actually go a long way to offer balance, correction and relief with little or no side effects.
Roll-on essentially allows us to dilute and activate the potent essential oil blend through the rubbing action of the roller ball on skin surface, stimulating the nerve endings to promote increased blood flow. As our skin is relatively permeable, the oils are easily absorbed into the bloodstream. When we inhale the oils, they are also carried to the brain via the olfactory pathways. Hence, aromatherapy works really well because it has direct access to various body systems to bring our body back to its balanced state.
Direction: Apply to temples, back of neck, wrists, chest or massage on feet or any specific area(s) of concern.
- For external use only.
- Discontinue use if skin irritation occurs.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If pregnant or under doctor’s care, consult physician before use.