Natural & Petrolatum Free
Everyone deserves a good night’s sleep with a magically fragrant sleep rub that takes you deep down into the world of fairytale. Fall asleep with ease thanks to a soothing combination of pure natural essential oils that helps your little ones relax, fall asleep faster and sleep better through the night as it delivers a deep sense of peace and restful calmness.
Available in Infant and Toddler-Safe Version (below 2Y).
Direction: Apply liberally to pulse points (wrists, temples and back of ears) and massage to bottom of feet, especially under toes before bedtime. This salve may be used with the Sweet Dreams Essential Oils Roll On for extra boost.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- If skin irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your GP.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use if allergic to the ingredients.
Why Petroleum Free?
- Petroleum jelly – a byproduct of the oil refining process – is not sustainable nor eco-friendly. As it cannot be metabolized by the body, it stays in the body as a contaminant, which can potentially pass on to children during breastfeeding .
- Potentially carcinogenic according to the Environmental Working Group (EWG) .
- No beneficial qualities for nourishing skin where natural alternatives can do better.
- Potential Xenoestrogen presence may disrupt hormones balance, leading to estrogen dominance, which is linked to infertility, menstrual problems, accelerated aging, allergies, nutrient deficiencies, etc .
- . Evidence for cosmetics as a source of mineral oil contamination in women. Concin N1, Hofstetter G, Plattner B, Tomovski C, Fiselier K, Gerritzen K, Semsroth S, Zeimet AG, Marth C, Siegl H, Rieger K, Ulmer H, Concin H, Grob K.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2011 Nov;20(11):1713-9. doi: 10.1089/jwh.2011.2829. Epub 2011 Oct 4.
- . EWG Research Shows 22 Percent of All Cosmetics May Be Contaminated With Cancer-Causing Impurity. Environmental Working Group (EWG).Epub 2007 Feb 8.
- . Specific in vitro toxicity of crude and refined petroleum products: II. Estrogen (alpha and beta) and androgen receptor-mediated responses in yeast assays.Vrabie CM1, Candido A, van Duursen MB, Jonker MT.Environ Toxicol Chem. 2010 Jul;29(7):1529-36. doi: 10.1002/etc.187.