Natural & Petrolatum Free
Natural Relief for Cough & Colds
Combined with your loving touch, this safe and effective natural decongestant vapour rub is perfect to soothe and relieve symptoms from blocked nose, respiratory congestion, colds, flu, cough, sinusitis, allergy symptoms, etc.
This vapour rub can be applied with Strong Defense essential oils blend, known as the Flu Relief Combo. Although the oils contained herein are quite effective against infectious agents, Strong Defence – strongly antiviral & antibacterial – is often applied simultaneously to aid in the fight against infection. Vapour rub is used to relieve symptoms of congestion in the lungs and help open the airways.
Flu Relief Combo is available, consisting of a Strong Defense Essential Oil Roll On and Natural Vapour Rub Kids Version (above 2Y). Also available in Infant and Toddler-Safe Version (below 2Y) for infants and toddlers below 2 years.
Direction: Apply liberally onto the chest and back (as well as along the spine) and soles of feet for your little ones (esp. under the four smallest toes). To support healthy respiratory function, this salve can also be applied after every shower.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- If skin irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your GP.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use if allergic to the ingredients.
Why Petroleum Free?
- Petroleum jelly – a byproduct of the oil refining process – is not sustainable nor eco-friendly. As it cannot be metabolized by the body, it stays in the body as a contaminant, which can potentially pass on to children during breastfeeding .
- Potentially carcinogenic according to the Environmental Working Group (EWG) .
- No beneficial qualities for nourishing skin where natural alternatives can do better.
- Potential Xenoestrogen presence may disrupt hormones balance, leading to estrogen dominance, which is linked to infertility, menstrual problems, accelerated aging, allergies, nutrient deficiencies, etc .
- . Evidence for cosmetics as a source of mineral oil contamination in women. Concin N1, Hofstetter G, Plattner B, Tomovski C, Fiselier K, Gerritzen K, Semsroth S, Zeimet AG, Marth C, Siegl H, Rieger K, Ulmer H, Concin H, Grob K.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2011 Nov;20(11):1713-9. doi: 10.1089/jwh.2011.2829. Epub 2011 Oct 4.
- . EWG Research Shows 22 Percent of All Cosmetics May Be Contaminated With Cancer-Causing Impurity. Environmental Working Group (EWG).Epub 2007 Feb 8.
- . Specific in vitro toxicity of crude and refined petroleum products: II. Estrogen (alpha and beta) and androgen receptor-mediated responses in yeast assays.Vrabie CM1, Candido A, van Duursen MB, Jonker MT.Environ Toxicol Chem. 2010 Jul;29(7):1529-36. doi: 10.1002/etc.187.