MAMA Essential Oils Synergy Roll On – for Pregnant & Nursing Mamas
Portable, Convenient to Use & Pre-Diluted
Are you experiecing the pregnancy queasies? Pregnancy is an amazing ride, but the morning sickness that often comes with it? Not so fabulous!
About 50% to 70% of all pregnant women will experience morning sickness to some degree, and certainly, the toughest part of early pregnancy in the first trimester. The symptoms include nausea and vomiting – and they can basically strike at any point during the day or night – not just early in the day, as its name suggests.
Morning sickness is often ‘smell-associated’ and you gonna find certain scents that turn your tummy. Traditionally, Ginger and Peppermint are recommended for nausea, particularly for post-operative nausea; but we find that these ‘strong’ scents still bother a lot of mothers. Hence, we offer an alternative diluted blend of citrus and minty oils in our Morning Sickness MAMA Roll On that is familiar, safe and fresh; as pleasant as its smell. It is also very helpful for mood elevation and regulation. In a 2014 clinical study, researchers concluded that inhaled lemon essential oil can be effective in reducing nausea and vomiting in pregnancy . Lemon essential oil is a key ingredient in our blend.
Direction: Apply onto hands (rub together and cup around your nose to smell) or onto your pillow for inhalation. Very sparingly, limit use on or behind ears to inhale. Your body is working overtime on growing that baby, so do relax during this trimester and take your time to recoup, both physically and mentally. You deserve it!
- Whilst some mothers prefer to avoid essential oil use in the first trimester, the choice is personal and often, taking into consideration if you had history of a previous loss or premature labour.
- Less is more with pregnant and nursing mamas and repeated intense daily use is not suggested.
- The oils can still be very helpful and effective when used aromatically.
- Always listen closely to your body. If at any time you notice or feel any discomfort, discontinue use.
- When used correctly and responsibly, properly diluted essential oils can help form a beautiful bond between Motherhood and Mother Nature.
 Parisa Yavari kia et al. The Effect of Lemon Inhalation Aromatherapy on Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy: A Double-Blinded, Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial. Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2014 Mar; 16(3): e14360.