Vitality through Reflexes
Reflexology with children can begin at birth and can be used as a valuable tool for parents to relieve or minimize their children’s stress in a nurturing way.
Babies’ feet have undeveloped arches, and their skin and bones are usually fairly soft, making reflexology an effective and fast modality for babies. By applying gentle pressure to congested areas in the feet, blockages can be released to restore the flow of energy to the whole body.
Reflexology or slight pressure applied to the soles of feet creates an electric charge that is therapeutic to the body. The pressure comes from the fingers. A rolling motion of the finger pads, tips and nails, creates vibrational healing energy along the pathways.
Oils contained in our natural infants balms and kids balms help increase the frequency of this healing energy and serve to either help remove any blockage along the pathways or to travel the length of the pathway to benefit a particular organ.
In other word, you have at your arsenal a natural healing therapy or technique – reflexology – for addressing acute symptoms or alternatively a preventive maintenance tool for good health.
Baby Foot: Reflexology Chart
Babies’ feet are made for reflexology touch!
The following routine can be applied on a daily basis to help detect or rectify imbalances:
Step 1 – Solar Plexus
- The no. 1 reflex point for relaxation is the solar plexus (Orange dot).
- Gently press your thumb there while holding around the foot with rest of your hand.
- Make small circular movements on both feet simultaneously.
Step 2 – Kidneys
- Kidney point is located between the Upper Abdominal and Lower Abdominal (Yellow & Pink regions).
- Kidneys are eliminating system of the body. They filter the blood and can be a great stress reliever.
- Start from the right foot beginning from the top part of where kidney point is located. Massage gently and move down and end at the bottom most of the Lower Abdominal region.
Step 3 – Lungs
- Lung point is located on the balls of the feet, the area just below the base of the toes – correspond with the Chest region (Light Green region).
- Start massaging the lung point when you hear a little cough.
- Start from bottom of the area and work your way up in circular motion.
Step 4 – Sinuses
- Sinuses points are located on the pads of toes (Mint Blue region).
- If your child has a cold, this massage should help release the mucus and clear the head.
- Softly press and massage these points in circular motion when dealing with congested sinus.
Step 5 – Upper & Lower Abdomen
- Upper and lower abdomen massage is great for baby who is constipated or gassy (Yellow & Pink regions).
- Massage upper abdomen if you are dealing with bowel movement e.g. constipation.
- Massage lower abdomen if you want to relieve from gas problem.
- Specifically, stomach point is located right below the ball of each foot in the Upper Abdominal region (Yellow region).
- Soft press and massage in an up and down motion, where up is towards the toe tips and down is towards the heel.
Step 6 – Teeth
- The toes correspond with the head and the teeth (Nude region).
- Massaging the tip of toes points can provide relief for babies who are teething.
If you feel like continuing, massage the other parts of the foot. Sometimes, parents may find it challenging to remember all the specific points decide to simply give the whole, small baby feet a loving and relaxing massage. What matters most is that both you and your child enjoy the experience!
Learning Reflexology is a wonderful gift that you can give yourself and your family – a tool that you will find extremely useful in strengthening and balancing your body or your kid’s energy meridians, making it less likely for you and your kid to fall sick.